Let's make a difference together
MDAM is a non-profit organization that offers support services primarily in the form of peer-support. Our dedicated and diverse team shares a passion and commitment in making a difference in the lives of those suffering with mental illness. MDAM strives to provide each employee with several initiatives, benefits and compensation in order to continually retain our employees. MDAM employees are given the opportunity to work for a meaningful organization, which aims to help those in need through alternative means.
Family Navigation Coordinator
Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba requires a Family Navigation Coordinator to further our aim of supporting families in accessing support, care and recovery in the mental health and addictions system.
Desirable experience includes:
- Strong understanding and experience working in peer support
- Volunteer coordination
- Experience working to support families
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Manitoba mental health and addictions system
- Ability to advocate and share advocacy skills
- Resource development and workshop facilitation
- Keeping statistics and reporting on program outcomes
Applicants who speak a second language and/or persons of Aboriginal ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicant must be available to work Saturdays and a flexible weekday to be determined.
Hours: 15 hours per week
Contract dates: Aug 12th, 2019– March 31st, 2020 (continued if funding is available)
Compensation: $20 per hour
Applicants who possess the following skills and experiences are invited to send their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org