The 8th National Mental Health Conference sponsored by the Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba is scheduled for March 21-23th, 2018 at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park, Winnipeg. The conference aims at promoting the journey to healing for Aboriginal communites, the criminal justice system & children and youth. The conference will include information sessions as well as a series of key note speakers, including:
- Tinea Eva Nagy, Survivor of Human Sex Trafficking
- Dr. Michael Hart, Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Knowledges and Social Work
- Dr. John Walker, Director, Anxiety Disorders Program, Saint Boniface General Hospital
- Ed Mantler, Vice President, Program and Priorities Mental Health Commission of Canada.
- Senator Kimberly Pate to discuss mental health in the criminal justice systme.
- Laura Burke, entertainer "Tight Rope – A Humorous and Confessional One Person Play About Mental Illness"
For more information contact Rebecca Marinos, conference manager at 650-888-2654 or email@example.com.
For registration, visit the National Mental Health Conference website.