The 9th National Mental Health Conference sponsored by the Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba is scheduled for March 20-22nd, 2019 at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park, Winnipeg. The conference aims at promoting the journey to healing for Indigenous people, the criminal justice system and our communities (addiction & substance abuse).
The conference will include information sessions as well as a series of key note speakers, including:
- Josephine D’Andrea, Director and Founder of Kelburn Estates Health & Wellness Centre
- Senator Kim Pate
- Wanbdi Wakita and Pahan Pte San Win, Bear Paw Teaching and Healing
- Kassandra Churcher, Executive Director, Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies
- Lea S. Denny, MS-CMHC, LPC-IT, NCC, Founder, CEO, Clinical Psychotherapist & Researcher Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT) Consultant & Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- Ian S Rabb O.D., Director of Business Development & Public Relations, Aurora Recovery Centre
- Sheldon Franken, Director/Owner, Inquiry Adventures and School Counsellor
- Dr. Darien Thira, Ph.D., Reg. Psych., Darien Thira Consulting, Inc.
For more information contact Rebecca Marinos, conference manager at 650-888-2654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For registration, visit the National Mental Health Conference website.