The MDAM Christian peer-led support group is for those who need a safe place to talk about thier mental health journey and sharing the comfort provided by thier Christian faith and prayer.
Group Rules and Guidelines:
- Confidentiality: Members may not discuss anything outside of the group about support groups discussions or members. To do so, violates each member’s right to confidentiality and undermines the usefulness of the group support system. While it is good to encourage members to contact and rely on each other for support, no member should contact a support member outside of the group without prior permission of that person.
- Kindness and Support: Members should treat each other as they would want to be treated: respectfully.
- Courtesy: Sharing personal feelings and experiences is encouraged, but not required. It may take extraordinary courage for some members to trust another member in the group. However, members should be free to express their personal experiences in these matters.
- Advice: The group should not recommend any particular course of action, physician, course of treatment, or medication. However, members should be free to express their personal experiences in these matters.
- Judgement: Avoid judging other participants & the actions they take. The anticipated judgements can undermine the confidence needed to share one’s deepest fears & hopes.
- Attendance: Members are encouraged to be on time for meetings and attend regularly as long as they find personal value in the group process. A member should feel welcome to return to the group at any time.
- Cell Phones: All cell phones must be turned off during groups.
Time & Place
Date and Time
November 26, 2017
4:00pm to 6:00pm
100-4 Fort St.