New Friends & Family Group beginning February 2019, download poster here.
Download a pdf copy of Interlake's support group scheduling for 2018/19 here.
Gimli Open Group
Date & Time: 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6-8pm
Location: Gimli Community Health Center
Stonewall Open Group
Date & Time: 3rd Thursday of each month at 7-9 pm
Location: Stonewall Community Health Centre (Conference Rm)
Selkirk Open Group
Date & Time: 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6-8pm
Location: Gaynor Family Library - Robert Jefferson Heritage Room
Selkirk Friends & Family Group
Date & Time: 1st Wednesday of each month at 6:30-8:30 pm
Location: Provincial Building -446 Main St. 2nd Floor -IERHA Meeting Room
Cognitive Behavior Therapy with MindfulnessCognitive Behavior Therapy with Mindfulness (CBTm) aims to help individual to uncover and alter distortions of thought or perception in-order to change their behaviour and emotional state. The Cognitive behavior therapy workshop offered during the span of 4 weeks. The objective of CBT is to teach individuals the building blocks of self-help recovery. Registration is $20.
*Disclaimer, This course has been developed by therapists and is being delivered by peer support workers.
Course Date: TBA
* If you are interested in attending any of the Interlake Region support groups, would like to arrange one on one support, would like informational resources or would like assistance in locating resources or services from other organizations in your community. Please contact Shelley at (204) 330-7821 or email@example.com
If you plan on attending a support group for the first time, please read the following:
- The Monthly Support Group schedule may change without notice due to circumstances beyond the facilitator’s control such as inclement weather or illness.
- Depending on the number of individuals attending, groups may not use the entire allotted time.
- All groups begin promptly at the scheduled start time.
- If this is your first time attending a support group, please contact Shelley to ensure groups will be meeting at scheduled times prior to attending. This will prevent any disappointment should a group happen to have been cancelled or rescheduled.
Presentation & Workshop Requests
- Care for the Caregiver
- General on Mood Disorders
- Mental Health and Seniors
- Mindfulness (Stress Management and Emotional Regulation)
- Trauma and PTSD
- Self-Care for Mental Health and Wellness
- Substance Use and Mood Disorders
- Suicide Alertness
- Youth Mental Health
MDAM's qualified staff and volunteers offer presentations/ workshops on a wide variety of topics related to mental illness. Presentations/ workshops are offered to local businesses, corporations, schools, non-profit organizations, etc at no charge. However, MDAM does welcome charitable donations.
For more information contact Shelley at (204) 330-7821.