E-GROUP PEER SUPPORT
Tired of Winter?
Would an Egroup help?
We are offering egroups for people who are isolated through geography, lack of transportation, lack of childcare, mental or physical disability. As well, this is in response to the harsh climate conditions of our winter.
8th Annual Andrew Dunn Walk/Run
Saturday May 10th, 2014
Join us for our 8th Annual Andrew Dunn Walk/Run on Saturday, May 10th, 2014 at One Insurance Arena, in Oakbank, MB! Registration starts at 9:30 with the walk/run to follow at 11am. This is a 5 K walk and a 5/10 K Fun Run sponsored by the Running Room. Help us raise the funds to reach our goals and raise awareness to mental health problems and the tragedy of suicide.
AndrewDunn.org is pleased to once again be partnering with the Mood Disorders Association of MB, to work on some exciting Mental Health Initiatives. Education and awareness is a big part of the solution and with your help we are making a difference, one step at a time…we are all stronger if we can work together!!
We have a wonderful line up of fun things to do at this year’s event, and have some great surprises up our sleeves…
* We are so pleased to, once again, have Ace Burpee with us to emcee our 2014 event and to lead us in his awesome pre-race warm ups!
* Al Simmons is able join us to entertain the little ones (or the young at heart folks!)
* Tim Hortons will help to get your morning off on the right foot
* The Cooks Creek Dancers will be on hand to strut their stuff
* The Zumba Girls will get your heart rate up and put a smile on your face
* The Kinsmen & Kinettes will be on hand to help prepare a great post-race BBQ lunch provided the Oakbank Market Place Co-op
* Waterfront Massage Therapists will ease some of the runners’ sore muscles
* There will also be: Kids Craft Tables, Magicians, Prizes, Awards, Giveaways, a 50/50 Draw and an Awesome Silent Auction!!
Run For Women
May 24th 2014
Canadian Mennonite University
We are excited to announce that this year we are the benefiting charity of the Shoppers Drugmart Run for WOMEN! The Shoppers Drug Run for WOMEN is about sisterhood and how our friends make us laugh, motivate us, and keep us going!
We run for the sheer joy of it, and it feels even better when we can share it. Shouldn’t all women have a chance to experience a personal best? That’s why they are supporting our women’s mental health initiatives.
Women are three times more likely than men to suffer from depression. Research indicates that one in four women will experience some form of depression in their lifetime. With millions of women bravely facing mental health issues every day, we need your help to create a positive impact in their lives.
There are options to do a 5K walk/run, 10K walk/run or Girls 1K (12 & under), click here to sign up a team!